Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Free Vintage Clip Art - Vintage Cherubs

Some sweet cherub images for you today!

Cherubs are devine beings in the Bible.  Today cherubs are usually thought of as being little baby or toddler angels. 
Cherubs are mentioned many times in the Bible including the Book of Revelations.  But today when one hears the word cherub we think of a naked little baby or toddler, usually a boy, with wings and is found quite often in Italian Renaissance or Baroque art. 

The revival of the cherub is generally attributed to the artist Donatello in 1420's.  Cherubs and cupids, as they are often referred to as, can be found in both religious and secular art.  Cherubs also experienced another revival in 19th century France.

However you see the cherub, either as a religious figure or as a sweet, naughty, mischievous little angel who can resist these precious images?


Click on image to download



Click on image to download
I hope you enjoy these cherubs!

P.S.  I love hearing from you!  I read all of your posts.  Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.  I love hearing your thoughts on this blog.  Please let me know if you would like to see a particular kind of image here and I will do my best to find it for you.