Friday, September 16, 2011

Vintage Union Jack Flag and Royal Crown

When I came across this vintage Union Jack on a pole I knew I had to share it with you.

The Union Jack or Union Flag is the official flag of the United Kingdom.  In Canada it is known as the Royal Union Flag.  This current design dates back to the union of Great Britain and Ireland in 1801.
The Union Flag is traditionally twice as long as it is wide.  The components of the flag are:

The red cross is known as St. George's Cross
The white diagonals are known as St. Andrew's Cross
The red diagonals are known as St. Patrick's Cross

The Union Jack is incorporated into the official flag of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  



Click on image to download

Here is a royal crown on a pillow


Click on image to download

And I also have a wonderful image to share with you today sent to me by Lindsey who made this outstanding invitation out of the ribbon frame I posted last April.  You can find the ribbon frame here.




This is an amazing piece of work!  Great job!  Thank you Lindsey for sharing.  The invitations are available in her etsy shop.

Enjoy!