Friday, July 8, 2011

Free Vintage Clip Art - Vintage Fairies

Vintage Fairies or Are They Elves?

When researching for this post I honestly didn't know the difference between an fairy, an elf or a gnome, I guess I just had never given it all that much thought. When I think of a fairy I think of Tinkerbell and when I think of a gnome I think of David the Gnome, the series on Nickelodeon that I used to watch with my son.  But boy did I learn that a lot of people have given it a whole lot of thought!  I'm not sure if these people actually believe in them or if its just something fun and different for them to think about.

I guess the folklore is that there are eight races of fairies:  elves, dwarfs, goblins, gnomes, pixies, sprites, gremlins, demons and then hybrids, all of which have magical powers.  

Many people have actually reported that they have seen fairies flying in and out of the caverns near Mount Shasta in California!  Mount Shasta seems to be a focus of much mysticism and is associated with bigfoot, ufos and a lot of paranormal activity in general.

Whether you believe in fairies or gnomes here are some sweet images


Click on image to download



Click on image to download

These images would be great pages for the kids to color

Enjoy!